ADN Cerámico, a project included in World Design Capital Valencia 2022, was presented on Wednesday, 26 May.
The aim of the project is to show that ceramics created in the Valencian Community are a value that helps differentiate our design and territory.
Its objectives are as follows:
- To highlight contemporary references in order to inspire new generations of ceramists and designers.
- To generate synergies with the industry, leading to collaboration that will afford the industry new and innovative perspectives, and provide ceramists with new skills and the chance to make their contribution truly international.
- To highlight and recognize the work of our great master artisans, because, thanks to them, the knowledge that is not recorded in books or schools can be passed on.
- To professionalise the ceramic sector.
- To generate a strong ceramic identity.
To this end, the first map of ceramists in the Comunitat Valenciana was presented at ADN Cerámico.
With its strong, centuries-long tradition in ceramics, Manises could not miss the event and, even more so, in such as special year as this when we are a candidate for UNESCO’s creative cities under the category of crafts and folk arts.
The following link includes all that the AND Cerámico project entails: https://adnceramico.com/